Youth Sports & Fitness
Do you want to provide a positive experience for our kids in sports? Become a coach for soccer, football or cheer!
Coaches are needed for the following age groups of children:
- U7 (5-6 years)
- U9 (7-8 years)
- U11 (9-10 years)
- U13 (11-12 years)
- U19 (13-18 years)
Instructors are need to teach the basics of soccer to 3- to 5-year-old kids (each child will be accompanied by a parent).
Coaches must be at least 18 and a U.S. citizen. If you are interested, please download, print and complete the Coach Registration forms on the right. Drop off completed forms at the Youth Program Office, Bldg. 2072 on Support Site.
If you have questions, please call Tonya at DSN 629-4731.
Start Smart Soccer
Ages 3-5 (parent must participate)
Session begins Saturday, Oct. 13
Monday, Sept. 17-Friday, Oct. 5
Weekdays, 6 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Support Site School Age Care Center
Late registration on a space-available basis and by appointment only. Email MWRNaples_CYP@eu.navy.mil to schedule an appointment.
- Proof of child's age
- Navy CYP forms (download forms from this page)
- Parent Association for Youth Sports (PAYS) online training certificate and signed a Code of Ethics certificate. The free training must be completed and Code of Ethics signed by at least one parent before your child/children may participate in Youth Sports. The training and code are valid for one year. Please return both certificates to the Youth Center.
- For the training, go to http://www.nays.org/parents and click on training at the left side of the page. Click on the Online Orientation button. Once you have completed the video, click finish and print your certificate.
- For the Code of Ethics, go to http://www.nays.org/parents and click on training at the left side of the page. The Code of Ethics is at the bottom of the page. Please read, print and sign the code.
The Start Smart Program, a program of the National Alliance for Youth Sports, teaches children the basic motor skills necessary to play organized sports while they work one-on-one and spend quality time with their parents. The program focuses on teaching children and parents basic sports mechanics without the threat of competition or the fear of getting hurt. Start Smart Program sessions are weekly. Each week the exercises become increasingly more difficult as the class progresses and the children show improvement.
Eligible children are dependents of:
- Active-duty military
- DOD civilians
- Military reservists (on active duty, on orders or in training)
- NATO community personnel possessing an MWR privilege card for their child
NSA Naples Youth Sports & Fitness offers
- A variety of organized sporting activities that promote the psychological, social and physical well-being of youth
- Recreational activities that enhance physical fitness, self-esteem, teamwork and leadership skills.
CYP provides the staff, equipment and playing area necessary to facilitate the athletic and recreational development of children.
- flag football
- fun runs
- Start Smart soccer and baseball development programs are availble for 3-5 year olds (parent participation is required)
The success of Youth Sports depends largely on volunteers from the community. Did you play a sport in high school or college? Do you like to work with children? Our children need volunteer coaches to help them play the games, learn skills and have fun. You don’t have to be a parent, just someone who wants to be a part of the team helping children explores the world of sports. Contact us for more information!