Capodichino Fit Zone Indoor Pool
The Capo Fit Zone pool, located within the Capo Fit Zone gym complex, is an indoor, 25-meter, 6-lane heated pool with a separate Jacuzzi. (You must be at least 15 years old to enter the Jacuzzi).
The Capo Fit Zone pool offers a variety of year-round programs including lap swim, Command PT, group and private swim lessons, stroke refinement clinics, water fitness classes, recreational swimming, and special events.
It is the home pool of the Naples Tiger Sharks swim team. For information about the swim team, please go to https://naplestigersharks.swimtopia.com.
Navy Youth Swim Test Assessments
Assessments will be offered daily throughout the summer during regular pool hours.
A Navy Youth Swim license must be obtained for youth under 17 years in order to use the deep end and slides.
Navy Youth Swim Test
To attain full access to any NSA Naples pool including slides, diving board, and other recreational activities, all youth ages 17 and younger must successfully pass the Navy Youth Swim Test.
Swim Test criteria:
- Swim one pool length (minimum 25 yards) unassisted and without rest. The swimmer must use a recognizable swim stroke for the entire distance.
- Tread water for a minimum of 60 seconds.
- Jump into the deep end of the pool and return to the surface.
- Exit the pool unassisted.
All youth swimmers who pass the deep water swim test will be awarded a Navy Youth Swim License. All youth swimmers must show their license upon entering an NSA Naples Aquatics facility and will receive a wristband that allows them to have full access to the deep end of the pool, slides and diving boards.
- Swimmers are allowed to test only one per day.
- The Youth Swim License is valid for one year. All swimmers 17 years and younger must reassess every year.
- Lifeguards may require additional testing for swimmers if an when needed. Lifeguards have the authority to request a reassessment of any youth swimmer at any time.
- Additional testing may be required for lap swimming.
For swim lesson details, visit https://www.navymwrnaples.com/fitness-sports/aquatics/swimming-lessons
Thunder and Lightning policy
In accordance with CNICINST 1710.3, the following is the inclement weather pool policy:
The Aquatic Coordinator, Swimming Pool Manager or Facility Supervisor may close the aquatic facilities for short periods of time without notice. Areas will be cleared of all persons during thunderstorms, electrical storms, and inclement weather. At the first sound of thunder or sight of lightning, the area will be cleared and remain cleared until deemed safe (approximately 30 minutes after the last rumble or sighting). One long blast on the whistle by the lifeguard is the emergency signal indicating all persons in the water shall clear the swimming area immediately.