Carney Park Seasonal Pool
Carney Park pool opens Friday, May 31!
The Carney Park pool, located immediately inside the entrance to Carney Park, is a huge outdoor, summer-seasonal, Olympic-sized recreational pool with multiple types of water slides for all ages, a diving board, a wading pool with a fountain for children 5 years and younger, a pool-side picnic/pavilion party rental area with a grill; multiple sunbathing areas; and NEX-operated concession stand (the ‘Tiki Bar’) on site.
The Carney Park pool offers seasonal pool programs and events from May 31-Sept. 2:
Recreational swimming, lap swim lanes, swim lessons, MWR Camp Adventure pool time, after-hours pool party rentals and special events and Independence Day holiday activities.
Summer Pool Hours 2019
Download a copy of the summer pool hours on the right of this page.
Navy Youth Swim Test Assessments
Assessments will be offered daily throughout the summer during regular pool hours.
A Navy Youth Swim license must be obtained for youth under 17 years in order to use the deep end and slides.
Swim lessons begin Monday, June 17, at Support Site pool. Registration begins Thursday, June 13.
Navy Youth Swim Test
To attain full access to any NSA Naples pool including slides, diving board, and other recreational activities, all youth ages 17 and younger must successfully pass the Navy Youth Swim Test.
Swim Test criteria:
- Swim one pool length (minimum 25 yards) unassisted and without rest. The swimmer must use a recognizable swim stroke for the entire distance.
- Tread water for a minimum of 60 seconds.
- Jump into the deep end of the pool and return to the surface.
- Exit the pool unassisted.
All youth swimmers who pass the deep water swim test will be awarded a Navy Youth Swim License. All youth swimmers must show their license upon entering an NSA Naples Aquatics facility and will receive a wristband that allows them to have full access to the deep end of the pool, slides and diving boards.
- Swimmers are allowed to test only one per day.
- The Youth Swim License is valid for one year. All swimmers 17 years and younger must reassess every year.
- Lifeguards may require additional testing for swimmers if an when needed. Lifeguards have the authority to request a reassessment of any youth swimmer at any time.
- Additional testing may be required for lap swimming.
Thunder and Lightning policy
In accordance with CNICINST 1710.3, the following is the inclement weather pool policy:
The Aquatic Coordinator, Swimming Pool Manager or Facility Supervisor may close the aquatic facilities for short periods of time without notice. Areas will be cleared of all persons during thunderstorms, electrical storms, and inclement weather. At the first sound of thunder or sight of lightning, the area will be cleared and remain cleared until deemed safe (approximately 30 minutes after the last rumble or sighting). One long blast on the whistle by the lifeguard is the emergency signal indicating all persons in the water shall clear the swimming area immediately.